It is believed that people move up to "higher" levels of consciousness once basic needs are covered. But in reality we reside at different levels simultaneously. Each person, each company and even country has its own distribution of basic values. The model does not have "good" or bad" values, but distinguishes between positive and potentially limiting values (example: being organised vs. bureaucracy).
A simple diagnosis enables us to pitch the levels and check the coherence of the deeper motivations of a person or a group. A professional survey based on this model allows us to:
- Understand, compare and communicate the fundamental values and culture of an organisation
- Sketch individual or collective value distribution (strengths and limitations)
- Detect improvement potential
- Legitimate a cultural change process within an organisation
- Support a personal coaching scheme